BLACK FOREST CAKE
Preparation Time : 30 mins
Cooking Time: 35-40 mins
|NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
||1 tin (400 g)
||175 g (1¾ cup)
||3-4 heaped tbsps (25g)
||1-1/3 cups (200 ml)
|NESTLÉ Premium Milk Chocolate
||2 packs (50g)
||1 small tin, destoned
|Icing Sugar/Powdered Sugar
||2 level tbsps
Click here to know more
- Pre heat the oven at 1800 C.
- Grease an 8” diameter baking tin and dust it with flour.
- Sieve together maida, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bicarbonate (sieve 2-3 times for better aeration).
- Soften Butter (do not melt). Add NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and beat well. Add the vanilla essence.
- Add maida mixture and aerated soda alternately to the batter till all the maida and soda are used up.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin (8” diameter) and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or till the tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool for a while. Loosen sides of cake, using a knife if necessary. Turnout over a wire rack/plate lined with cloth (to absorb moisture) and cool slightly before cutting horizontally into 2.
- Drain the cherries syrup. Soak both cakes halves with 5-6 tablespoons of cherry syrup.
- Whip cream and sugar over a bowl of ice and cold water till light and fluffy.
- Sandwich the two layers of cake with 3-4 tablespoons of whipped cream and half of the chopped cherries.
- Cover the top and sides with rest of the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle generously with grated chocolate and top with cherries.
- Chill and serve.
delicious, healthy and nutritious recipes.