During 1999 to 2014, Energy consumption per tonne of production has reduced substantially and energy use efficiency improved by around 57% through the following key initiatives:
- Continuously review energy to track and replace energy inefficient equipment.
- Investment in processes to reduce energy losses. For example, installation of Variable Frequency Drivers on high capacity motors, auto operations and controls.
- Process modification to reduce energy utilisation. For example, installation of Wipe Film Evaporator.
- Innovatively using the waste heat of one process as input for another. For example, exhaust heat of the generator is used to produce steam for manufacturing.
- Optimised the steam consumption in de-aerators.
- Reduced steam losses in steam lines.
- Optimised the electrical load of utilities from DG set to EB.
- Recovering flash steam from seasoning and sauce section.