Our commitment: Promote transparency and proactive long-term engagement in climate policy
Our Nestlé Corporate Business Principles and The Nestlé Policy on Environmental Sustainability showcase our commitment to implementing environmentally sound business practices across our facilities in India, as well as ensuring compliance with existing environmental laws and regulations.
Nestlé’s internal standards are suitably adapted to the local conditions in the regions where environmental legislation is unavailable or insufficient. Since 1995, the Nestlé Environmental Management System (NEMS) has helped establish a management process to control, monitor and improve our environmental performance. NEMS defines certain Nestlé Environmental Requirements (NER), mandatory across all Nestlé operations.
Some of our climate change leadership measures are highlighted below:
• Caring for Climate is a global coalition on climate issues, with the UNGC, UNEP and UNFCCC. As part of this initiative, Nestlé is committed to renewing its efforts to improve energy efficiency, reducing the GHG emissions of its products, setting voluntary targets and publicly reporting the progress of its initiatives.
• Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) climate action is a platform for companies to showcase their portfolio in managing carbon emissions and other climate change-related actions. Nestlé has endorsed the following 6 initiatives on climate action:
- Adopt evidence-based GHG emission reduction targets
- Generate 100% electricity from renewable sources
- Remove commodity-driven deforestation from our supply chain
- Provide climate change information in mainstream corporate filings
- Engage policy-makers on climate change policy responsibly
- Put a price on carbon
• World Alliance for Clean Technologies is an alliance that Nestlé provides funding for. It was launched by Solar Impulse Foundation during COP 22, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
Find out more about our Global Commitments at