Our 2030 ambition is to help improve the lives of 30 million people living in communities directly connected to our business activities
Improving livelihoods and developing thriving communities starts with education. We believe children should be in school, and be able to get an education. We also believe in supporting women and girls to be economically and socially active, so they can be successful and independent. Through our global youth initiative we will support young people to be better prepared for the world of work. Being part of the communities where we operate means respecting the rights of those who work for us and with us. Respect is fundamental to our values, and we insist that our partners and suppliers uphold the same high standards that we do.
Agriculture is the principle occupation in most rural areas and has booked record growth in yield, in the past few years. Nonetheless, Indian agriculture is characterised by poor livelihoods and has a 30–60% margin for improvement in yield as compared to other developed or developing countries.
We believe that through responsible sourcing and by improving farm economics, we can help improve the standard of living of farmers. Rural development is a focus area close to our heart, as its results are multi-fold and its impact lasts generations.
For our communities
Rural development and enhancing livelihoods
- Improve farm economics among the farmers who supply us
- Implement responsible sourcing in our supply chain and promote animal welfare
- Continuously improve our green coffee supply chain
Respecting and promoting human rights
- Assess and address human rights impacts across our business activities
- Enhance a culture of integrity across the organisation
Promoting decent employment and diversity
- Roll out our Nestlé needs YOUth initiative across our operations
- Provide training on Corporate Business Principles, nutrition and environmental sustainability
- Enhance gender balance in our workforce and empower women across the entire value chain
- Advocate for healthy workplaces and healthier employees
- Provide effective grievance mechanisms to employees and stakeholders
Find out more about our Global Commitments at