It’s easy to get caught up in simply getting dinner on the table that everyone’s willing to eat – never mind all the worries about nutrition! Issues like: am I feeding them too much? Should I make them finish their meal? Will they be hungry at school? Are they getting enough calcium, iron, or that latest vital nutrient I just read about? Is this food healthy? Are all too often relegated to the bottom of the priority list when you’ve got after-school sports to get to, ‘cool’ birthday presents to purchase and questions about homework to answer. However, it pays to step back occasionally and look at the bigger picture. The greater aim of parenting is to prepare kids for the big wide world by teaching them how to make good choices on their own.
1. Be Adventurous, Be Fun, Try Something New
2. Eat Five or More Colours a Day
3. Water Is Your Best Friend
4. Wake Up to a Powerful Breakfast
5. Always Listen To Your Tummy
6. Eat Slowly
7. Become Little Masterchefs
8. Food is Fun with Family!
9. Healthy Snacks are Yummy Too!
10. All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy